Pumpkin! Thank goodness Fall is here so we can have pumpkin EVERYTHING again!
It is easy to get a little sick of pumpkin once Winter starts to approach, but pumpkin is popular for a very good reason. There are so many amazing benefits AND it tastes delicious!
GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH:
* Minimal Calories. Pumpkin is very low in calories and contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. It is rich in dietary fiber, anti-oxidants, minerals and vitamins and can be beneficial for weight loss and diet control.
* Nutrients Galore. Pumpkin has many anti-oxidant vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E and is rich in minerals like copper, calcium, potassium and phosphorus.
* Beta Carotene. Pumpkin is an excellent source of beta carotene (a carotenoid compound responsible for giving fruits and vegetables their orange pigment). Also considered a powerful antioxidant, beta carotene is believed to help protect against cancer and aging.
* High in Fiber. Good for the digestive system as it is high in fiber. One cup of pumpkin puree provides you with 7.1 grams of dietary fiber. Pumpkin puree contains potassium as well, which helps digestion.
* Immune System. Pumpkin is a good source of iron and can boost the immune system. And as mentioned above it is high in vitamin E, which keeps the immune system working properly and protects cells from damage, that can lead to certain types of disease, such as cancer.
* Reduce Inflammation. Eating pumpkin can help reduce inflammation. As many of us know, inflammation can lead to serious health conditions, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes and arthritis.
DON’T FORGET THE SEEDS:
* Magnesium. Pumpkin seeds have a ton of health benefits, like heart healthy magnesium! Approximately 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds contains nearly half the recommended daily amount. Magnesium has been shown to improve blood pressure and help reduce heart attacks. Approximately 80 percent of Americans are deficient in magnesium.
* Zinc. Pumpkin seeds are also rich source of zinc, which is important for building immunity and cell growth and division. It can improve sleep, your mood, sense of taste and smell, eye and skin health, insulin regulation, and male sexual function. Many of us are deficient in zinc.
* Omega-3s. Pumpkin seeds, are one of the best sources of plant-based omega-3s (alpha-linolenic acid or ALA).
* Prostate Health. In part because of the high zinc content, pumpkin can be beneficial for men’s prostate health.
* Imbalance. Pumpkin seed oil is rich in natural phytoestrogens and studies suggest it may help with hot flashes, headaches, joint pains and other imbalance or menopausal symptoms.
BEAUTIFUL SKIN – OF COURSE:
* You Are What You Eat. Anything you put on the inside will show on the outside. When you eat nutrient dense foods that are good for your body, it will show through your beautiful skin. But it also helps to put these amazing nutrients on the surface of the skin as well!
* Enzymes & AHAs. Pumpkin is packed with enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs). With this combination you will find increased cell turnover and brighter and smoother skin. This can help even out skin tone and give your skin a beautiful glow.
* Hydrating. Pumpkin can be very hydrating for the skin. An amazing natural exfoliant that does not leave your face dry. Pumpkin can penetrate deep into the skin when used topically but it is still gentle enough for sensitive skin. It can help improve a dull complexion, aging skin and uneven skin tone.
* Vitamins. The vitamin A and vitamin C in pumpkin will help soften and smooth the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
* Zinc. The zinc in pumpkin seeds is beneficial for acne sufferers, as it will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
So if you did not already care for pumpkin, now you have a ton of reasons to love it! Make that delicious pumpkin bread or smoothie while wearing a DIY pumpkin mask and see the amazing results.
SUBSCRIBE TODAY AND RECEIVE A FREE E-BOOK REGARDING SKIN CARE ROUTINE AND SO MUCH MORE, INCLUDING DIY RECIPES!